Wednesday, March 29, 2006

First a Drum Roll Please...

Yes a New Friendly! Left of Centrist is Robert Rouses's blog. A mid-wester that "Keeps an Eye on the Worlds of Politics and Pop Culture". What are you waiting for?.....oh hold on read this first....

Howard Kaloogian a Republican and one of the founding thugs of Move America Forward who is running to replace convicted Felon Rep. Cunningham put a pic of Downtown on his Campaign site. He claims he took it on a recent visit.

The text next to it said, "We took this photo of downtown Baghdad while we were in Iraq. Iraq (including Baghdad) is much more calm and stable than what many people believe it to be. But, each day the news media finds any violence occurring in the country and screams and shouts about it - in part because many journalists are opposed to the U.S. effort to fight terrorism."

The only thing is the pic is of a street scene in Turkey.
I read about at Democratic Underground as the commenters there researched it. It was fun to see it go down and is well worth reading the comment thread and view of the pic.

After it was confirmed as a fake pic I alerted other bloggers to it and then I called Kaloogians Campaign. Oh what fun that was. The young man who answered will remember me for a while. I told him the pic was as fake as the reasons his Glorious Leader's reason for the War. He responded with all the watchwords of his Glorious Leader. Freedom. 911. Defending America and other crap. As I knew by his voice that he had the convictions of a Yellow Republican I asked him why did he not get his ass down to Camp Pendelton Enlist and help Protect my family. I wouldn't have suggested it if I didn't hear the fear in his voice.
I also left a nice message on Kaloogians other campaign #.

This morning going for the positive I called the Democratic runner Francine Busby's campaign to alert her to this. At the main office I left a message. At the Encinitas office I spoke to a staffer who said she got 2 calls already, but wanted to know particulars. We talked for a while about things political and Californian('cause like fer sure I'm a reformed Valley Boy).

I also e-mailed Keith Olberman at MSNBC Countdown and told him the story and said Kaloogian was my vote for Worsest on his "Worse Worser Worsest List". Many others did the same. Well as I was writing Shell an e-mail that segment came on a guessie whatie? UHHUH!
Kaloogian made the list. Only as "Worse" though. "Worsest" was Rush Limbaugh. Well Duh!

Since the story has went out and about Kaloogian has replaced the pic. With another of "Downtown Baghdad". Reminds me of that homely girl in "League of Our Own" where the photographer keeps telling her to "go back".

As I wrote Shell, I luv this internet thingie.
Peace.